Bikini and Brazilian Waxing… Let’s take a look!
At Spa Vita Bella the phone is ringing off the hook with questions and appointments about bikini waxing, so I thought I’d give a bit of helpful information. First, some bikini waxing definitions:
This service covers anywhere outside of a basic swimsuit or underwear. This can be performed wearing a swimsuit, underwear, disposable undies, or au natural.
Extended Bikini Wax
A great choice if you want a bit further in. I would recommend wearing disposables or nothing.
Everything goes! Some people may choose to leave a little bit of hair behind, and this is sometimes referred to as a “French Bikini”, but generally a Brazilian is a wax where everything is waxed, front to rear. Many people that go Brazilian will never go back and cite many reasons that range from personal hygiene to feeling sexier.
If you have never had a waxing service before, I suggest you start with a basic bikini, as this can get you acquainted with a technician, the basic procedure, as well as your comfort level which will make all the difference in you service.
A few bikini waxing prep tips to make your service as comfortable as possible:
1. Hair should be between 1/2 and 1/4 inch. Shorter, all the hair may not pick up. Longer, the hair is harder to wax and more painful upon removal.
2. Try not to schedule your appointment the week before your period. You may be more sensitive, and skin may be more prone to bruising.
3. You can take ibuprofen ahead of time, but avoid alcohol or aspirin. These can thin the blood and cause bruising.
4. Exfoliating ahead of time can aid in removal, and one of our all time favorite products is Tend Skin! This is a must to avoid ingrown hairs and keeping the bikini area beautiful.
5. The longer you wax regularly, the better it gets. The hair grows back lighter and softer. Shaving in between is not recommended. Depending on the thickness and density of your hair, schedule an appointment every 4-6 weeks and stick to it!
At Spa Vita Bella Brazilian and bikini waxes are a huge part of our business. We are confident that you will be comfortable and pleased with our skilled technicians. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call: (253) 460-4681